The Zain Girls For Tech Program is back and we've gone virtual! The program was created to support gender equality while providing quality education. The program, which is free of charge, will run with the option to choose your month from the 4 months that it is available during the summer from July to October 2020. Girls will enjoy the same detailed instruction in a virtual setting conducted by our driven and motivating instructors. Girls can collaborate with their peers, learn how to code by creating fun and interactive games and stories, and build new technology skills that will last a lifetime.
This camp was especially important as STEAM careers are still seen as male-dominated, and we feel it is our responsibility to provide girls with the inspiration and exposure to ignite a passion that will lead them into the exciting world of technology. The STEAM Camp, which aligns with UN SDG 4 for Quality Education, UN SDG 5 for Gender Equality, and UN SDG 8 for Decent Work and Economic Growth, taught participants coding skills and basic robotics, the foundation of our information and communications technology sector – and necessities in tomorrow's hyper-connected society. It also aimed to develop skills of critical thinking, prompting inquiry, and dialogue while encouraging the participating girls to recognize the value of creativity and innovation as a means to solve current and future problems.
We take your child's online safety very seriously and security is our top priority. We will be using the licensed version of Zoom.
To maintain the security of our online classes, we will:
•Use waiting rooms
•Use a password to protect our meetings
We will be running 6 sessions in total; 2 sessions simultaneously in Breakout Rooms on Zoom with 2 instructors with 5 participants each.
Girls For Tech was launched in collaboration with the Supreme Council for Women and Zain Telecom, powered by Clever Play with the aim of teaching 1,000 girls between the ages of 8-14 years old how to code and heighten their interest in technology. This camp makes coding fun by focusing on projects that matter to girls while building their self-confidence and self-esteem around technology. Girls learn the in-demand skills required for tomorrow's workforce in a collaborative and supportive environment. They create websites, code games, and build meaningful projects using code.
•Learning how to code in a fun and safe environment.
•Learning computational thinking and understand the design and building process.
•Learning how to apply computer science to real-life problem-solving.
•Building soft skills: confidence, public speaking and presentation skills, teamwork, and collaboration.
•Sessions will take place once a week for 2 hours/session.
•All sessions will be on a paid Zoom account.
•Class sizes are intentionally kept small. The ratio is 5 students to 1 instructor.
•We will be running 6 sessions per day. Participants are free to choose between Morning, Afternoon, or Evening sessions depending on their availability and preference.
Clever Play is serious about protecting and safeguarding your children online and as such has always put in place security measures to ensure their online safety. Below are the security features that we implement in order to protect your children as they participate in this virtual edition:
1) We will be using a paid version of Zoom. The paid version has a unique Meeting ID and Password which can only be accessed by participants who have been granted access.
2) We will enable a Virtual Waiting Room. This will allow us to cross-check and confirm the names of the participants who will be joining before they actually gain access to the session. We can either let them in- or not.
3) We will lock down the meeting once all participants have joined. Once we do that, even somebody who has the meeting ID and password cannot join.
4) If a participant starts to misbehave, we will put them back in the Waiting Room. This way, the participant will no longer have access to the meeting; in effect, they will be in the Waiting Room until we decide to let them return.
5) The instructor will be with your children online at ALL times and will have full control over the Zoom platform: screen sharing, microphone sharing, etc. Our instructors are all vetted, hand-chosen, and are extremely trustworthy, responsible, and dependable.
To register, please click here and complete the information: